For more information about this project please visit: Developing Good Practice within Higher Education: Student Sex Work, Safety and Inclusion
We hosted an online Student Sex Work Campaign: One Year On event on 7th December - recording here: On Tuesday 15th December Culture Shift hosted a webinar to launch our Sex Worker Policy and Toolkit. Catch up on the webinar here: https://insight.culture-shift.co.uk/launching-university-of-leicesters-student-sex-worker-policy-and-toolkit
University of Leicester Policy and Staff Toolkit
Toolkit for Student Sex Workers: Coming soon
Resources and Support
- Support for student sex workers
- Support for sex workers in relation to revenge porn
- Student advice on staying safe online
- Safety and privacy tips and support
- National Ugly Mugs (NUM)- Sign up to NUM for free to report incidents and receive warnings about dangerous individuals. If you report to National Ugly Mugs they will use the information to warn other sex workers and potentially save their lives
- The English Collective of Prostitutes (ECP) is an organisation of sex workers working on the street and in premises with a national network throughout the UK:
- A blog post about being 'outed' at University
- Students talking about their experience (2018)
- Beyond the Gaze internet sex work / students doing sex work
- Student Sex Worker briefing by NUS (2018)
- Swansea Student Sex Work Research Findings
- To disclose an incident of bullying, harassment, abuse or violence (including those you may have been subjected to while engaging in sex work) please use the 'Make a report' link at the end of this page.
- Standing Together team: can offer practical support and guidance in relation to unacceptable behaviours. Our work involves supporting students on a 1:1 basis, and providing holistic support options and referrals, where relevant. After an initial needs and risk assessment, we can provide students with options in relation to reporting and support – including those detailed above and below. We can also support students in accessing services and coordinating this. In order to access this support, please leave your contact email address when completing the online disclosure form. For more information, please visit the campaigns tab of this system.
- Counselling and Wellbeing team: https://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/counselling
- Counselling information leaflet: https://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/counselling/aboutus/StudentCounsellingWellbeingServiceAgreement.pdf
- AccessAbility team: https://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/accessability
- Welfare team: https://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/welfare
(particularly for financial concerns, support for underrepresented groups, and general advice and signposting)
The Independent 'Students are turning to sex work for extra money but experts warn universities are ignoring the issue'
BBC News 'Sex work paid my student bills. Now I regret it'
BBC News 'OnlyFans: I started selling sexy photos online after losing my job'