The support we can offer is listed below:
- We can provide information about specialist support services both within and outside of the University
- We can help you make contact with any support service you choose to engage with
- If you want us to, we can communicate with your academic department on your behalf to discuss your situation and ensure you are receiving the best support possible from School
- We can help find solutions to other problems or issues you may be experiencing in your everyday life, regardless of whether this is directly related to the incident you have disclosed or not
For more general information, please contact the Standing Together team by emailing email@example.com.
- Standing Together team: can offer practical support and guidance in relation to unacceptable behaviours. Our work involves supporting students on a 1:1 basis, and providing holistic support options and referrals, where relevant. After an initial needs and risk assessment, we can provide students with options in relation to reporting and support – including those detailed above and below. We can also support students in accessing services and coordinating this. In order to access this support, please leave your contact email address when completing the online disclosure form. For more information, please visit the campaigns tab of this system.
- Counselling and Wellbeing team: https://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/counselling
Counselling information leaflet: https://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/counselling/aboutus/StudentCounsellingWellbeingServiceAgreement.pdf
- AccessAbility team: https://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/accessability
- Welfare team: https://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/welfare
(particularly for financial concerns, support for underrepresented groups, and general advice and signposting)