It can sometimes be helpful to get in touch with local or national organisations for additional support, or if you would prefer to speak to someone outside of the University. Below are some services which may be useful for you. These services are also listed within the specific area/s of support.
COVID-19/ Coronavirus - Specific Mental Wellbeing Support
Unacceptable Behaviour Support
- Juniper Lodge (Sexual Assault Referral Centre) offers discrete medical, emotional, and practical support to anyone that has been subject to sexual assault 0116 273 3330 - If you would like support in travelling to Juniper Lodge, call University security on 0116 252 2023.
- Jasmine House free and confidential services following any form of sexual violence either recently or in the past 0116 255 88 52
- First Step supporting male rape and sexual abuse survivors & their supporters living in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland 0116 254 8535
- Survivors UK offers a helpline and online advice for male survivors of sexual assault and rape 0203 5983 898
- Quetzal Project supporting women recovering from the trauma of childhood abuse. 0116 253 9103
- For further information, self-help tools and to find support outside of Leicestersire please visit the Rape Crisis website 0808 802 9999
- National Domestic Violence Helpline Freephone, 24-hour National Domestic Violence Abuse Helpline 0808 2000 247
- United Against Violence & Abuse (UAVA) sexual and domestic violence services across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland 0808 80 200 28
- Women’s Aid Leicestershire supporting women and children fleeing domestic and sexual abuse 0330 00 210 10
- Mankind a confidential helpline for all men across the UK suffering from domestic violence or abuse 01823 334 244
- Galop emotional and practical support for LGBT+ people experiencing domestic abuse 0800 999 5428
- Respect UK supporting victims and perpetrators of domestic violence 0808 801 0327
- National Stalking Helpline- Freephone, helpline open 09:30 - 16:00 weekdays, except for Wednesday when it is open 13:00 to 16:00. The Helpline is not open on bank holidays. Helpline 0808 802 0300
- Paladin- The National Stalking Advocacy Service provides trauma informed support, advice and advocacy to high risk victims of stalking. Call: 0203 866 4107 9am-3pm Monday-Friday except Wednesday’s when the line is open 10am-5pm
- Free from Fear Project- A local project within Leicester/shire supporting victims of stalking by providing emotional and practical support. You can refer into this service by calling: 07966 391 823 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Karma Nirvana supporting victims of Honour Based Abuse and Forced Marriage 0800 5999 247
- The Halo Project is a charity supporting victims of honour-based abuse, forced marriage and Female Genital Mutilation (FGM). Call: 0808 1788 424 or 01642 683 045 9am-5pm Monday-Friday
- Zinthiya Trust working to alleviate abuse and poverty 0116 254 5168
- Trade Sexual Health a health and sexual health charity, providing free, confidential health advice, information, services and support for lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGB&T) communities of Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland 0116 254 1747
- Leicester LGBT Centre supporting lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland 0116 254 7412
- The New Futures Project supporting anyone involved in or at risk of exploitation through prostitution 0116 251 0803
- Victim Support supporting people affected by crime or traumatic events 0808 16 89 111
- Victim First supporting victims through their journey of recovery in Leicestershire 0800 953 9595
- The Black, African and Asian Therapy Network: https://www.baatn.org.uk/free-services
- National Bullying Helpline offer practical help and support to anyone experiencing bullying 0845 22 55 787
- Stop Online Abuse- Galop’s online resource to help women and LGBT people who have experienced online abuse.
- NHS Mental Health Support- If you are in need of urgent NHS Mental Health Support you should call the 24-hour Central Access Point on 0116 295 3060. If it’s a life-threatening emergency please call 999 and ask for an ambulance.